Thank You and Happy New Year!
We pray you and your family have had a spectacular start to the New Year! It is incredibly important to us at First Priority to take a few moments to thank you for your involvement and share with you some highlights of everything God did through the ministry during 2022! Your generosity and faithful prayer support have truly helped make a difference in the lives of children and teens, and we are extremely grateful. God is on the move in and through this generation of students, and they are ready to change the world for His glory!
Your Impact In 2022
We set a $100,000 goal for our year-end Victory Matching Challenge campaign. You helped us EXCEED that goal! Because of your generosity, over $116,000 was raised!
781 salvation decisions were reported from our campus clubs across the Greater Birmingham area. Praise God!
6,000 students, on average, are attending First Priority and Priority Kids clubs.
115 active First Priority and Priority Kids clubs meet regularly.
481 student leaders have been trained.
You’re Helping Us Change Lives
Because of your prayer and support:
- We hosted Leader’s Summits in January and September with hundreds of students in attendance and over 35 student leadership teams trained!
- During Teacher Appreciation Week, we were able to deliver “Thank you” gifts to every faculty sponsor as well as dozens of goody baskets to school administrative staff across the city.
- We hosted approximately 70 church leaders from around the area at a City-wide Luncheon where the First Priority model was presented.
- We were able to participate in various community, missions, and youth events to raise awareness of First Priority.
- Back-to-school prayer events were a huge success and prepared the way for a successful start to the school year.
- Student leaders from two campuses were able to give doughnuts, along with invitations to attend their FP club, to every single student in their schools as a reward for winning club attendance challenges throughout the year.
- “See You at the Pole” campus prayer meetings across the area showed tremendous turnout with thousands of students coming together to pray for their campuses.
- We finished the year with 115 clubs and more are being added regularly!
- Healthy things grow. Just as the ministry awareness and reach has grown, our staff has also grown! We hired Jody Trautwein as an Area Coordinator in February 2022. His wife, Sunny, was hired at the start of this year as our Communications and Event Coordinator. Casey Crumpton, who previously served as a teacher sponsor at Shelby County High School, was hired this month as a Network Representative. A new intern from Samford University also started this week!
- We’re bringing back our banquet! On March 16, 2023, from 6:00-8:00 p.m., First Priority and Priority Kids will be hosting a Benefit Dinner and Silent Auction. We are thrilled to have President of the National Christian Foundation – Alabama and Former CEO of Express Oil Change Ricky Brooks as our keynote speaker. The evening will also include a time of student-led worship and a live campus club demonstration. Stay tuned as more details will be released soon!
When writing over 100 personal thank you cards a few weeks ago (pictured), we were simply overwhelmed with the goodness of God and gratitude for His generous love. The words from the first chapter of Philippians continually ring in our hearts: “Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now.” – Philippians 1:3-5